In 1984, more than 30 years ago, the Sydney Stock Exchange was home to what was probably one of the first scripophily exhibitions on the Australian continent.
|Automatic Telephones (Australasia) Limited|
Deferred shares of 1/- each , 191x
black and white photocopy from the booklet
double-click image to enlarge
Author Estella C. Robinson introduces us into the fascinating world of the
scrip collector and researcher .. who .. thrives on debacles, failures,
conspiracies, frauds - the more spectacular the better.
The certificate is the tangible surviving link which breathes life into history.
Estella Robinson passed away in 1985 and was a pioneer when introducing the hobby of scripophily through numerous columns in Australian Coin Review magazine.
- Title : Exhibition of Antique Bonds and Share Certificates, January 16 to 27, 1984
- Authors : Estella Camhi Robinson
- ID : no ISBN number, printed by The Sydney Stock Exchange Limited, 1984
- Languages : English
- Number of pages : 26
- Images : 13 large black and white images
- Indexes : no index
The booklet is a low-cost photocopy publication, hence the lower quality of the images. Thirteen Australian certificates are depicted and described with a brief historic company profile.
- Seven Seas guide to Australian coins and tokens, Dubbo : Seven Seas Stamps, 1981
- A guide to Australian coins, Sydney Readers Digest Services, 1978
Related link :
- Old Scrip Tells of Companies Past, 1993, article by Greg Reeves