|Société Minière Intercoloniale|
1945, Berberati, French Equatorial Africa
rough diamond in underprint
(click image for details)
However, emailing these files to others may result in the following problems :
- Once the image is sent, your email program stores a copy in the Sent folder which becomes larger and larger.
- The receiver may experience long download times when receiving his e-mails just at a moment where he or she probably quickly wants to get his emails.
- The receiver might be out of the office for a few days. In that case, your images could fill up his emailbox, preventing him from not receiving any further emails.
I use WeTransfer, a free Internet service, that allows you to send large files to whoever you want.
Below, I'll explain how to work with it, but actually it is more work to describe the procedure than using it. Just go to https://www.wetransfer.com/ and try it. As a test, you could send me an image scan of one of your certificates. In return, I'll send you one back.
Some other features of this system:
- Files will be stored upto 2 weeks.
- Multiple files can be transferred, up to 2GB.
- Emails required for the operation will kept be as private.
- No registration requiered.
So, here is the procedure in detail.
These are the steps for you :
- Open your browser and surf to https://www.wetransfer.com/
- In the panel, click the "+ Add files" button and locate the file on your file sytem
- Next, enter the email address of the receiver.
- Enter your email address (so, the system can notify you when the receiver has received your file).
- Enter an optional message for the receiver.
- Finally click 'Transfer'. The browser will now upload your file to the WeTransfer server.
The following steps are done by the WeTransfer service and the receiver :
Good luck !
- WeTransfer will send you an email that the file is uploaded.
- WeTransfer will send an invitation to the receiver that he can download a file coming from you.
- For the receiver, the only thing he needs to do is click the download button in that message, which will open his browser where he can download the file to his system.
- When this is finished WeTransfer will inform you by email that your receiver succesfully downloaded your nice image.