How have artists portrayed women on securities through the centuries ? To what extent are important female investors and businesswomen represented on our scripophily treasures ? That is what the Women and Finance exhibition is all about. The exposition is organized by the Wertpapierwelt museum :
- The exhibition has been open since 8th September 2011 until April 2013.
- Place to be : Wertpapierwelt Museum, Baslerstrasse 90, Olten, Switzerland
- Opening hours : Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m
A choice and colorful catalogue has been issued on the occasion of the exhibition :
- Title : Woman and finance - An evolving image
- Authors : Dagmar Schönig, Thomas Fenner
- ID : no ISBN applicable, published by Wertpapierwelt, 2011
- Languages : German and English version available
- Number of pages : 116
- Images : color images, almost on every page
- Indexes : no indexes, certificates are grouped by chapter
- Godesses, patron saints and allegories
- Housewives, workers and consumers
- Exotic and erotic
- Famous women
- Nobility and politics
- Businesswomen, investors and heiresses
Many rare and decorative shares and bonds appear in the catalogue which makes it interesting for both advanced and starting collectors. The price is 15 CHF. Only 300 copies are printed in the German edition and 100 in the English edition.
Other events ? Check out the calendar.