- Title : Terra Australis - An Adventurous Financial History of Australian Shares and Loans / Abenteuer australischer Finanzgeschichte in Aktien und Anleihen
- Authors : Michael P.A. Liebig
- ID: ISBN 3-89090-706-7, published by Markt & Technik Verlag AG, 1988
- Languages : English, German
- Number of pages : 175
- Images : black & white, multiple images on almost every page
- Indexes : no indexes
In this book the author takes the reader on a journey through the historical development of Australia. Many images from share certificates, maps, engravings and other ephemera are included. Certificates seen from the following themes : banking, agriculture, schools, state bonds, textile, tobacco, mining (coal, copper, tin, etc.) , gold, food, oil, railways, transport, forestry, shipping, automobiles, aviation, metal works, film, breweries, sports.
- A Passage through History
- The Share conquers Australia
- 50 Years after James Cook
- Pressing for Gold
- Australia under Steam
- From Hell to Hope
- Australia becomes mobile
- Flying Doctors, Cackling of Hens and a School in the Air
- And to conclude
A must have for the serious collector of Australian scripophily !
Did anyone compile an index of the shares illustrated in this book ?
I would be happy to add the index to this post.