In the exhibition Capital of Capital: New York Banks and the Creation of a Global Economy the Museum of the City of New York shows us how the NYC's banks evolved into the global financial players that we know today.
The exhibition displays historic documents, prints, cartoons, early credit cards, advertisements, bank-issued money, artificats and ofcourse stocks and bonds from New York banks. The exhibition is funded by Citigroup as part of its 200th anniversary commemoration.
|Image source : Julia La Roche for Business Insider|
- Location : Museum of the City of New York, 1220 5th Avenue at 103rd street, New York
- Duration : 22 May 2012 - 21 October 2012
- Opening times : Monday - Sunday 10:00-17:00
- Scripophily magazine No. 89-August 2012, IBSS
- Capital of Capital exhibition at the Museum of the City of New York
- 14 Incredible Artifacts From New York Banking History, by Julia La Roche, Business Insider
- CAPITAL OF CAPITAL Exhibition to Open at Museum of the City of New York, on PRWeb