Von Leistung, Leid und Leidenschaft.
Bergbau-Geschichten nicht nur aus Schlesien
Achievements, Suffering and Passion.
Mining stories from Silesia and elsewhere.
1000 Mark share certificate
Printed by Giesecke & Devrient
double-click to enlarge
Mining history from Silesia and elsewhere
As the largest Silesian museum in the western part of Germany, the Oberschlesische Landesmuseum collects objects especially from different parts of Silesia including the Polish Voivodeships Opolskie and Śląskie, as well as the Czech Republic today.
Until 7 April 2013, the museum is home to its temporary exhibition Von Leistung, Leid und Leidenschaft which highlights the rich mining history of Silesia and other regions. Exhibits, including multimedia elements, typical mining tools, garments, photographs and lots more, span a period from the Prussian time till the modern industrial age. Topics: technical know-how, important mines, mining pioneers & entrepreneurs, safety and rescue operations, underground life et cetera. Some of the objects can even be experienced by touch. On display too are a number of bond and share certificates.
A great opportunity to experience the past of antique mining securities !
- location : Oberschlesisches Landesmuseum, Ratingen, Germany
- duration : 14 October 2012 - 7 April 2013
- opening hours : Tuesday - Sunday, 11:00-17:00
- closed : during Carnival 7-11 February 2013 and Easter 29-31 March 2013, but open on Easter Monday 1 April 2013
- entrance fee : adults 5 Euro, students, seniors and children 3 Euro
- guided tours and educational programs available
- Oberschlesisches Landesmuseum
- More info on the Von Leistung, Leid und Leidenschaft exhibit, see here
By the way, planning a visit to the Papierania bourse on 24 March 2013 ? Ratingen is only 110 kilometers away from Aachen.