Patrimonium et oeconomia is the name of the current exhibition at the City Museum "Sztygarka" of Dąbrowa Górnicza, Poland. The exhibition features securities from the collection of Christopher Stachowicz.
|Société Française et Italienne des Houillères de Dombrowa (Pologne Russe) |
Founder's share, Paris 1909
Source: City Museum "Sztygarka"
double-click image to enlarge
On display are shares and bonds in companies and organizations active in the Polish Basin and Silesia area and beyond. Among the exhibits are, securities and documents, from the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, related to the steel industry, railways, coal mining, banking, utilities, textile, breweries and distilleries, chocolate and sugar, and more. Less known to scripophily collectors in general, some of the displayed certificates are designed by important artists like Zofia Stryjenska and Felix Wygrzywalski.
|Source: City Museum "Sztygarka"|
Practical info :
- Location : City Museum "Sztygarka", Muzeum ul. Legionów Polskich 69 41-300 Dąbrowa Górnicza, POLAND
- Duration : 11 September 2014 – 12 October 2014
- Opening hours : Mon closed, Tues & Wed 9:00-15:00, Thu 10:00-19:00, Fri 9:00-15:00, Sat 8:45-15:00, Sun 12:00-16:00
- Entrance fee : 5.00 PLN ( about 1.2 EUR )
- Tip : You can also combine the exhibit with a mine visit at the museum
There is also the book Patrimonium et oeconomia. Papiery wartościowe ze zbiorów Krzysztofa Stachowicza, written by Krzysztof Stachowicz and Kamil Świderski. See here (in Polish) but the Google Translate service renders a good enough version, see there .
- Exhibition Patrimonium et oeconomia, in Polish, including an interview with Krzysztof Stachowicz (here is the English translation by Google)
- City Museum "Sztygarka" of Dąbrowa Górnicza
P.S. Thanks to the members of EDHAC for reporting this special event.